Re: Oracle security roadmap

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 07:17:52 -0700

Ben wrote:
> I in herited several 9.2.0.5 Ent Edition databases running on aix 5.2.
> The previous dba didn't keep any kind of documentation on security. So
> now I have a long list of users and roles and no real good idea of what
> role is for what user and how our security in general was approached. I
> created a couple of new tables the other day and then found out that
> the correct roles didn't have privledges granted accordingly and they
> couldn't been seen until I did that. I need to know how to get a good
> picture of our security setup. Is there a sql statement that is
> typically used to give a good outline or road map of a db security?
>
> Thanks for any help
> Ben

At the bottom of the ROLES, OBJECT PRIVILEGES and SYSTEM PRIVILEGES pages in Morgan's Library (www.psoug.org) you can find SQL statements that will help figure out what is and is not granted.

That won't help you know how they interact with the application. For that you will need to find someone can explain how it works.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington