some question on response

From: Mistton <mistonl_at_mail.com>
Date: 15 Aug 2006 17:11:01 -0500

In article <joe4e2dovdig3pqdi16hdsp29ltvo5cgt5_at_4ax.com>, sybrandb_at_hccnet.verwijderdit.nl wrote:
>On 15 Aug 2006 15:54:02 -0500, mistonl_at_mail.com (Mistton) wrote:

>It is not really possible to restrict. However with 8i and higher you
>can create triggers on DDL statement (in order to raise an error in
>your case)
>Actually I would implement the idea of your DBA
>- lockdown the schema owner
>- create a new owner with select, insert, update, delete on the
>original tables
>- create synonyms for every table, view, function, procedure, package
>
>- No need to change your code.
>
>In the former solution you end up with a kludgy system.
>The second (and older) alternative is transparent and more easy to
>implement.

Thanks for responding!! i know your work and it is an honor to have your input!!!

A bit confused

with your solution do we need to do a ex/imp? is that what is meant by create new user?

What do you mean by lockdown schema owner?

our goal is that users would continue to user STEPH accounts with same password,etc and no need to change app code, not sure how this would work. Received on Tue Aug 15 2006 - 17:11:01 CDT