Home -> Community -> Usenet -> c.d.o.server -> Can a DBA restrict privileges of a user that is the owner of a schema? We need to remove DDL privileges. Our DBA says it is impossible. Please help!

Can a DBA restrict privileges of a user that is the owner of a schema? We need to remove DDL privileges. Our DBA says it is impossible. Please help!

From: Mistton <mistonl_at_mail.com>
Date: 15 Aug 2006 15:54:02 -0500

using 9.2.0.3.0 on Sun Unix 15k server (i know its old but that is what we have)

we have following situation:

User STEPH is the owner of schema WORK. as such he has full DML and DLL privileges.

Due to production access direcitves from managment, we need to somehow restrict STEPH to have just DML on WORK schema. Our DBA said this is not possible, which means we would have to create a new user and change all our code that references STEPH.

is it possible to restrict? is there some workaround?

thanks in advance Received on Tue Aug 15 2006 - 15:54:02 CDT