Crystal Reports and Oracle Stored Procedure Insert statments

From: <Aaron.Kay_at_USAA.com>
Date: 15 Aug 2006 09:00:13 -0700

I'm assigned to improve performance on a stored procedure that is called by Crystal Reports. The existing PL/SQL block is large and contains many instances of two sub-queries. My plan was to run these repeated queries just one time, inserting the rows into two Global Temporary Tables. My code works until I put an insert statement in the stored procedure. The Crystal Report returns 'Failed to open a rowset. File <filename.rpt>. [On Cache/Page Server: <myServerName>.pageserver]'. When I comment out the insert statements and use the inline statements in the final select into cursor, the report is generated.

The report uses the same schema for logon as the procedure was created on. I'm using Oracle 9i, Crystal Reports 10, ODBC connection. Are there any settings that need to be changed to allow the insert into global_temp_table statement to work?

Thanks,
Aaron Received on Tue Aug 15 2006 - 11:00:13 CDT