Re: OCIServerAttach returns ORA-12514

From: Paul <paul.flew_at_globaladdress.net>
Date: 14 Aug 2006 13:09:17 -0700

Thanks for the help on this one.

We've traced the actual problem to the connection string. It appears that the listener on the new database I'm trying to connect to will not allow connection strings such as:

but requires:

e.g.

//dbserver.domain.com:1254/dbinstance

doesn't work on the new connection, but worked on the old one, and:

//dbserver.domain.com:1254/dbinstance.domain.com

works on the new one. The listener versions on both the Oracle servers is the same and the setup is apparently the same, although someone will now be investigating that further.

Thanks

Paul Received on Mon Aug 14 2006 - 15:09:17 CDT