10g field varchar size

From: <timasmith_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Aug 2006 10:13:41 -0700

Hi,

I apologize I dont know this but when I last designed a schema in Oracle the max varchar2 size was 2000 characters otherwise you had to use Long to get something larger.

I believe there are several choices for huge character or binary fields, which require special utilities to qualify in a where clause.

My question in 10g+ is

  1. What is the largest varchar field I can have without losing the ability to qualify it in a where clause
  2. Is there any restriction on using say clob for many fields on a single table?

thanks

Tim Received on Sat Aug 12 2006 - 12:13:41 CDT