Re: Limit UPDATE statements to affect only one row

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 09:21:00 -0700

Serge Rielau wrote:
> Sybrand,
>
> with all due respect, can you point me to where I was bashing Oracle
> and/or pushing DB2? The only one doing bashing of any sorts is Daniel.
> I didn't even mention DB2 anywhere, I drew no parallels, nothing!
>
> I answered to a post. I admitted openly that my proposals were
> unverified.

And that fact doesn't bother you? It doesn't bother you that you are giving bad advice on a product you claim to not have? Fascinating ethical position.

I don't comment in the IBM group unless Oracle is part of the thread. And I have years of experience with DB2, albeit on a mainframe, but DB2. You, on the other hand, claim ignorance and knowledge all in the same breath. Why don't you return the favor and not comment here unless we bring up DB2 ... or show some guts and install and learn the product.

Perhaps every time someone asks a technical question in the DB2 forum you think something such as the following would be acceptable:

My unverified solution to your problem is: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM dual;

It would certainly be as valuable as you posting a syntax that wouldn't work in any SQL database and then marking it: "won't work."

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington