Outer join query problem

From: <Harnek.Manj_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Aug 2006 17:42:12 -0700

Hey Everybody,

I am trying to run the following query on oracle 10g & I endup with an error

ORA-01799: a column may not be outer-joined to a subquery

select s2.portfolio, parvalue pv, nvl(r.rate,0) rate from std s2 join rates r on s2.fltindex = r.indicator and r.datefld = (select max(datefld) from rates r2 where r2.datefld <=
'11-August-2006' and r2.indicator = s2.fltindex)
where s2.type in (select type from stdtype where calctype <>
'LineOfCredit')

and nvl(s2.rate,0) = 0
and s2.datemature > '11-August-2006'
and s2.datesettle <='11-August-2006'
and upper(s2.status) = 'DONE'

but this same query works fine on Oracle 9i.

Is there any body who can tell me that what's problem can be. The issue is that I can change the query but it should be compatible to SQL Server also.

Thanks
Harnek Received on Fri Aug 11 2006 - 19:42:12 CDT