Problem when WIndows 2000 Server is rebooted

From: <dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Aug 2006 15:49:59 -0700

I am running Oracle 10.1.0.3 on Windows 2000 server. I have a few database instances. I have noticed that when Windows server is rebooted, once in a while (every 3 month or so). a database instance will not start properly. There are no error messages in alert.log file, however when one connects to database instance, it gives some error message.

As I stated problem happens only once in a while and it is also not tied to a specific database instance (I have 3 instances). Has anyone seen similar problem and knows how to fix it in Windows 2000 environment (I cannot move to UNIX, LINUX ...).

Thanks. Received on Fri Aug 11 2006 - 17:49:59 CDT