Re: Amount of tablespaces in 10g

From: <nitelyjoy_at_ist-einmalig.de>
Date: 11 Aug 2006 14:51:08 -0700

> > a)
> > One tablespace is limited to 128 terabyte of data blocks (in Oracle
> > 10g), both for smallfile and bigfile tablespaces. Is there a limitation
> > for the amount of tablespaces?
>
> Have you looked at the docs?
>
> http://tahiti.oracle.com

yes, i found:

http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/statements_7003.htm#i2215114

" * A bigfile tablespace contains only one datafile or tempfile, which can contain up to approximately 4 billion (232) blocks. The maximum size of the single datafile or tempfile is 128 terabytes (TB) for a tablespace with 32K blocks and 32TB for a tablespace with 8K blocks.

> > b)
> > At which size I have to consider performance issues?
>
> When the amount of space required exceeds your budget.

So I'm relieved again, to hear that ;-) Received on Fri Aug 11 2006 - 16:51:08 CDT