Re: Amount of tablespaces in 10g

From: Matthias Hoys <anti_at_spam.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 22:26:18 +0200

<nitelyjoy_at_ist-einmalig.de> wrote in message news:1155327412.523986.323380_at_i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> How big is the biggest Oracle 10g database?
>
> a)
> One tablespace is limited to 128 terabyte of data blocks (in Oracle
> 10g), both for smallfile and bigfile tablespaces. Is there a limitation
> for the amount of tablespaces?
>
> b)
> At which size I have to consider performance issues?
>
> Thanx in advance for your answers.
> NitelyJoy

Don't know about the max number of tablespaces (32768 ?) but there is no direct relationship between size and performance. Oracle software is scalable software, which means that if you follow the "rules" (aka RTFM), you can build yourself a system which scales nicely up together with the hardware, and without any performance loss. Partitioning, ASM, RAC, using bind variables, connection pooling, ... it's all in the docs :-)

Matthias Received on Fri Aug 11 2006 - 15:26:18 CDT