Re: recovery aproach ...

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Aug 2006 02:53:56 -0700

gallasr_at_post.sk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry about starting new thread but this question is about another
> aproach.
>
> - we have the latest datafiles about 1 hour long
> - only problematic tablespace/datafile is, let`s say system01.dbf
>
> Question is:
> Is there any possibility to create new database and then replacing good
> datafiles and then do some "magic"?
>
> Is there any kind of "magic" step?
>
> Sorry, I know it looks crazy but trying everythink.
>
> Thanks for answers
> Robert

Again the answer is NO.
Datafiles and controlfiles have a database id. The database id of the datafiles must match with the database id of the controlfiles. Other than directly changing the database id directly by editing files with a binary editor (thus loosing support), there is no magic available

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA