Re: Recovery need help ... urgent.

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Aug 2006 02:30:16 -0700

gallasr_at_post.sk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have following scenario.
>
> - database backup 3 weeks old
> - all archivelogs from that time, but one about 2 weeks old is damaged
> - database export 1 week old
>
> So with regular recovery we are not able to recover database since 1
> redo is unusable.
>
> Is there any option to recover database using 1 week old export and
> than apliyng rest of archlogs which are not older than export and all
> archlogs are complete from that time.
>
> Thanks a lot for answers
>
> Robert

Sorry to say so, but the answer is no.
Think of it:

- The backup is a physical copy.
- The archivelog contains physical pointers to file_id and block_id
- The export is nothing more than a series of *insert statements* so a
*logical* copy.
- Hence you can never ever combine the two.
--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA