Re: Fastest way to dump tables to flat file in 10gR2

From: sam <sampathdevaraj_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Aug 2006 08:13:30 -0700

Tasm wrote:
> What is the fastest way to dump tables, to individual flat files, that have
> specific delimiters for the columns?
>
> We currently use a complicated perl script to do it in 8.1.7, but I was
> wondering if there is a better way to do it now that we are moving to 10.2.0.2
> on Sun Solaris 10?

Hi Tasm,

Only simple way is

set colsep ',';
set linesize 10000
set trimspool on
Spool <name of the table from dba_tables>; select * from <table_name from dba_tables>; spool off;

create a script to create the above script from DBA_TABLES / USER_TABLES If you have a table in two schemas, then add owner.tablename as spool file.

Hope this will help you.

Regards
Sampathkumar Received on Thu Aug 10 2006 - 10:13:30 CDT