Re: Disaster recovery

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Aug 2006 06:30:05 -0700

bencio wrote:
> Thanks Peter,
>
> i tried like you wrote !!!
> But this is the result:
>
> crosscheck answare me that all the bacupsets are 'EXPIRED'
>
> validate don't work
>
> What can i do to restore the backupsets to a valid status ?
>
> Thanks !!!!

A backupset on disk will get the status 'expired' if it is not in the location where RMAN expects it.
Running
rman /nocatalog target /
list backup of database;
list backup of archivelog all;
would provide you with all the files rman expects

Make sure you have the backupsets in the correct location. If they are no longer on disk, and you don't have them on tape, I'm afraid your database is EOL
and you need to find an older backup (if you have one at all) and recover the database.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA