Need assistance for tuning

From: Giridhar <gkodakalla_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Aug 2006 03:20:57 -0700

we have a query which takes 31 seconds when called through JDBC. The same sql statement, when executed from sqlplus takes only 1 second.

When we took help of our dba to find out why it takes 31 seconds in production,
our dba found that one table is undergoing full table scan when called from JDBC.
This was also found from V$SQL_PLAN.

However, explain plan shows index access and we get the output in just 1 second.

How can we find out what is the reason for this discrepancy?

Thanks. Received on Thu Aug 10 2006 - 05:20:57 CDT