Re: Oracle on Windows

From: Martin T. <bilbothebagginsbab5_at_freenet.de>
Date: 10 Aug 2006 02:12:36 -0700

Matthias Hoys wrote:
> "Martin T." <bilbothebagginsbab5_at_freenet.de> wrote in message
> > Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> >> It won't, depending on how you delete the database.
> >>
> > I guess the service would be deleted ... after all Oracle created it
> > for us, so when we use it to delete the database I'd assume (read:
> > don't know) the service would be removed.
> >
> >> Even if it would, you would still need to reboot the system.
> >>
> > Actually you wouldn't.
> >

> (see the last line :-))
>

> (...)
> From a command prompt, enter the following command:
>

> SYSTEM_DRIVE:\> regedit
>

> Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services and delete the
> OracleHOME_NAMETNSListener registry entry. Oracle Universal Installer
> automatically deletes all other Oracle Net services.
>

> Exit the registry editor.

> Restart your computer.

Matthias - Thanks for looking this up :) Good to have this info.

In general, however (on Windows XP) you can do: sc delete <MyServiceName>

And the service will be removed from the System. (I would use this if I had to remove a single Oracle service on XP/server2003) Also, I do not see any value in rebooting the system after removing the service. -- Though I understand that Oracle will put this line there as saveguard ;)

best,
Martin Received on Thu Aug 10 2006 - 04:12:36 CDT