Re: Oracle on Windows

From: Preston <dontwantany_at_nowhere.invalid>
Date: 9 Aug 2006 21:54:04 GMT

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 12:33:40 +0300, "Uri Dimant" <urid_at_iscar.co.il>
> wrote:
>

> > So, if I delete the db , the 3 services will be deleted as well?
> >

> > Thanks
> >

> This is windows, isn't it? The services will NOT be deleted.
> And obviously everything is outlined in the Fine Manual, which you
> apparently refuse to read.

I see you're still challenging for the title of most arrogant, rude, & generally obnoxious poster on usenet Sybrand. Unfortunately I haven't setup the filters on this new PC yet, so get to see you being your usual nasty self.

Here's a suggestion - why don't *you* try reading the manuals for a change? I suggest you start with the 2-Day DBA guide, where it says very plainly that all related Windows services will be deleted when you delete a database using the DBCA (the only sensible way for an Oracle newbie to do it). Maybe then you can come back & apologise to Uri for the tone you used in your reply.

While you're at it, maybe you can explain why it would be Windows' fault if Oracle's 'delete database' tool failed to delete everything it's meant to. Presumably you think Microsoft should be responsible for clearing up everything left by other vendor's applications? Actually don't bother replying to that because you're going back in the killfile now; life's too short to put up with people like you. Oh, & to reply to another point you made elsewhere in the thread, you do not have to reboot after deleting a database.

--
Preston.