Re: Is there a way to delete a corrupted ASM diskgroup?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 9 Aug 2006 13:29:56 -0700

pooka wrote:
> All,
>
> I have an asm diskgroup that was corrupted by faulty hardware. I'd like to
> remove it, and re-initialize it so I can restore the backup and get the
> database back on line. I've tried to delete it, but unless it is mounted I
> can't delete it.
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick aka pooka

Does metalink Note:353423.1 Note:357261.1 help?

We might be able to help more if you provided exact versions of db and OS, what you've tried, are you using asmlib, what exact error messages you get, and so forth.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"A lot of programmers' magazines have disappeared and those that are