help with my dataguard

From: <emdproduction_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Aug 2006 07:57:56 -0700

I am using 9206 on linux. I am practicing Dataguard on the same host.

Here is my initial parameter on primary site, SQL> show parameter log_archive_dest_2

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE

------------------------------------ -----------
------------------------------
log_archive_dest_2 string service=stdby lgwr reopen=60 a ffirm SQL> show parameter standby NAME TYPE VALUE
------------------------------------ -----------
------------------------------
standby_archive_dest string /archivelog/stdby standby_file_management string auto

tnsping stdby is OK
$ tnsping stdby
TNS Ping Utility for Linux: Version 9.2.0.6.0 - Production on 09-AUG-2006 10:35:27
opyright (c) 1997 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. Used parameter files:
/opt/oracle/product/cornell/9.2/network/admin/sqlnet.ora Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve the alias Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = xxxx)(PORT = 1521))) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (sid = tets)))
OK (0 msec)

And I have standby database running on the same host  export ORACLE_SID=stdby
SQL> alter database mount standby database; Database altered.
SQL> alter database recover managed standby database disconnect; Database altered.
But my primary database still can not see my standby database. I am keep on getting errors
ORA-16009: remote archive log destination must be a STANDBY database

What is wrong here?

Thanks for your help Received on Wed Aug 09 2006 - 09:57:56 CDT