Re: imp-00015 for PK constraint

From: Ben <balvey_at_comcast.net>
Date: 9 Aug 2006 06:39:15 -0700

Mark D Powell wrote:
> Ben wrote:
> > running 9.2.0.5 on AIX 5.3, LMT's
> > I'm trying to duplicate a schema within an instance. I used OEM to
> > create a user "like" the user/schema I want to duplicate. Then I
> > revoked unlimited tablespace from that new user DP2 and gave it
> > unlimited quota on a tablespace that I created for that user.
> > When I run the imp using the following params I get an imp-00015 on
> > certain primary key constraints. The odd thing is I don't get this for
> > all pk constraints. How can I get around this? Just build the pk
> > manually after the imp?
> > Here are the params:
> > fromuser=dp
> > touser=dp2
> > ignore=n
> > full=n
> > grants=y
> > rows=y
> > indexes=y
> > commit=y
> >
> > Thanks for any help,
>
> Ben, we ran 9.2.0.5 on AIX 5.2 I do not remember encountering this
> problem, but you should be able to extract the PK DDL off the original
> tables and modify it to point to the new owner version of the table as
> a work around solution.
>
> Check to see if the failing PK definitions have a common theme such as
> system generated names. Finding the common thread will allow you to
> identify problem objects in advance for future import activity.
>
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

Thanks for the reply Mark.

Here are three of the specific PK failures.

IMP-00015: following statement failed because the object already exists:
 "ALTER TABLE "CAUSAL_FACTORS_DAILY" ADD CONSTRAINT "CAUSAL_DAILY_PK" PRIMARY KEY
("FACTOR_ID") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 49152 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "TS_DP_X" LOGGING ENABLE " IMP-00015: following statement failed because the object already exists:
"ALTER TABLE "CAUSAL_FACTORS_MONTHLY" ADD CONSTRAINT "CAUSAL_MONTHLY_PK" PRIMARY KEY
("FACTOR_ID") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 49152 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "TS_DP_X"
LOGGING ENABLE " IMP-00015: following statement failed because the object already exists:
"ALTER TABLE "CAUSAL_FACTORS_WEEKLY" ADD CONSTRAINT "CAUSAL_WEEKLY_PK" PRIMARY KEY
("FACTOR_ID") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 49152 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "TS_DP_X" LOGGING ENABLE " I also ran an import to an indexfile and looked at the sql for these constraints. In the indexfile it has the new owner prefix ("DP2") before the table name but that doesn't show on these errors.

Should I just manually recreate these after the import?

Thanks, Received on Wed Aug 09 2006 - 08:39:15 CDT