9i Client Against 10g and Upgrade Gotchas

From: Oracle_User <oracle_user_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 Aug 2006 19:52:59 -0700

Fairly new to Oracle and my boss is asking me to upgrade 8i (8.1.7) and 9i (r1 and 2)databases to 10g. I'm going to read the upgrade guides!! but a couple of questions

  1. Can the 9i client be used against 10g and if so will it cause me any problems
  2. Are there any docs beyond the oracle provided stuff that will prepare me for any upgrade problems I might hit?

Thanks Received on Tue Aug 08 2006 - 21:52:59 CDT