help connecting to oracle via javascript with osauthent

From: Wyatt <wyattwright_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Aug 2006 08:26:48 -0700

I'm trying to connect to an oracle 10g database with javascript using os authentication. For now, I'm running the script on the database host.

Using sql*plus, I can connect with "connect / as sysdba"

this script works

var connectionString = 	"Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;"

+ "Data Source=orcl;"
+ "OSAuthent=0;"
+ "DBA Privilege=SYSDBA;"
+ "User Id=system;"
+ "Password=***;";

var cn = WScript.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection"); cn.Open(connectionString);
cn.Close();

This script does not work, with error:
ORA-01017:invalid username/password; logon denied

var connectionString = 	"Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;"

+ "Data Source=orcl;"
+ "OSAuthent=1;";

var cn = WScript.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection"); cn.Open(connectionString);
cn.Close();

I've tried variations ofthe connectionstring, but get the same error message.
Am I missing and argument in the connectionstring? Is there a different method to use?

Thanks in advance. Received on Tue Aug 08 2006 - 10:26:48 CDT