Re: Integrity constraint violated

From: <mamin_at_o2.pl>
Date: 8 Aug 2006 04:33:39 -0700

> Please read the error message *carefully* and try to understand it.
> It tells you for the ZAMOWIENIA_POZYCJE record with stawka_vat_id 1,
> there is no corresponding FAKTURY_VAT record, with ID 1.
> Unless your constraints are deferred (so they are checked at commit),
> the FAKTURY_VAT parent record needs to be present and committed prior
> to inserting any ZAMOWIENIA_POZYCJE record with STAWKA_VAT_ID 1.

Thanks,
I think You are right. But if so , this constraint is incorrect because in fact ZAMOWIENIA_POZYCJE table has column FAKTURA_VAT_ID, where foreign key from FAKTURY_VAT is being stored.While STAWKA_VAT_ID column keeps foreign key from STAWKI_VAT table. So, is it possible that Oracle has generated incorrect constraint? Received on Tue Aug 08 2006 - 06:33:39 CDT