UNDOTBS

From: <aprinsloo_at_sagetelecom.net>
Date: 7 Aug 2006 19:19:23 -0700

Oracle 9i env, tbs is in MANUAL management mode and auto extend is off.

We have a large update script which filled up about 80% of a 20G UNDOTBS. The script crashed and we plan to reload the schema from a backup and run the script again, however the UNDOTBS is still sitting at 80% full.

Will Oracle know that this rollback data in the UNDOTBS is not required and start over writing it when we run the update script again, or do we need to perform some manual intervention to "flush" this data?

We dont want to rerun the update script and have it fail becaues the UNDOTBS tablespace fills up.

Thx in advance. Received on Mon Aug 07 2006 - 21:19:23 CDT