Re: It is time for eXtreme Garbage!

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Aug 2006 01:42:15 -0700

Barry wrote:
> DA Morgan wrote:
> > Barry wrote:
> >
> > > Just a minor correction. Note that by definition XG cannot be an
> > > acronym as it isn't even a word
> >
> > Neither was LASER before we started using it that way. BTW are you
> > backing up your RAC with RMAN?
> >

> Oh right. I see. Despite you constantly writing that you don't have a
> crystal ball, or that you have but it is broken and hasn't been
> repaired, you do have a crystal ball. According to your Crystal Ball,
> XG will become an acronym because you and Amjad Daoud are using it.
> But now, not in your crystal ball future, you are wrong. XG is not an
> acronym and your feeble attempts to recover from this school boy error
> are noted.
>
> Just one more thing. If an acronym for "eXtreme Garbage" did exist,
> your crystal ball would tell you it would be XE and not XG. That is
> because an acronym is "A word formed from the initial parts of a name,
> such as NATO, from North Atlantic Treaty Organisation, or Commintern,
> from Communist International." You crystal ball is clearly still broken
> Daniel. Or is it tell you that in the future the definition of acronym
> will change too.
>
> Personally I use the OED but for you just Google out the differences
> between an "acronym" and an "abbreviation". You will find Google more
> reliable than your crystal ball.
>
> Barry Bulsara

It appears that most recent posts of you are flames directed to either Daniel Morgan or me.
So if you want to talk about 'bringing the quality of the newsgroup' down, we are a bit hypocritical, aren't we, 'Mr.' Bulsara? If you feel more comfortable in a sqlserver playground, why don't you just disappear to it?

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA