Re: Oracle ERP (KPI) - Performance Matrice

From: Jim Kennedy <jim>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 16:59:23 -0700

"Proficien" <proficient_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1154897586.610535.181020_at_m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...
> Hi there,
> One of our clients has asked us to provide an Oracle ERP
> consultant for Financial module. However in a contract they are
> insisting on adding an article stating, "If the perforamnce is not
> satisfactory they an charge us penalty...... blah blah blah".
> The consultant is a Functional consultant and he will work on AP/ GL/
> FA etc. He will be supporting users also.
>
> My question is, how the heck can we measure the candidate's
> performance. I'd highly appreacite it if someone can guide me to a
> SIMPLE performance matrice, which I can ask the client to fill out,
> every week or so to measure the perforamance. PLEASE HELP. If you have
> a better idea please dont hesitate to share. I am really looking for
> some sort of Key Performance Indicator "Sheet" or something like that.
>
> Thank you in advance.

It is a tricky one. In general don't specify the response time as never to exceeded x amount of time. Instead phrase it the xyz transaction will not exceeded x amount of time 95% of the time. This gives you a reasonable measure. That is most of the time you are performing within limits, but if something extraordinary happens as long as it is rare it shouldn't be a problem. But it is a tough nut to crack because you have to identify all the work flows and all the points where the database or program is being asked to do something. At each of those points you need to specify how long each step can take at a maximum. Lot of work. Jim Received on Sun Aug 06 2006 - 18:59:23 CDT