Re: Query on 2 table while exp and imp (Join)

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 5 Aug 2006 12:23:18 -0700

peter wrote:
> How can I exp the data where my following query is true:
>
> select d.deptno,dname,ename,sal,address from dept d,emp e where
> d.deptno=e.deptno;
>
> And Then how I imp the same data on client database in both tables.

You have no empno value in your result set, so I see no value in trying to 'export' this data as you have no identifying field for the employee. EMPNO is unique in the emp table (or so it is with the sample data); to dump this subset of dept and emp data, with no way to uniquely relate it to a specific employee, is folly.

Of course, if this is some gross oversimplification of your real issue don't expect any useful responses; if you can't post the actual problem, there is no use in providing any form of 'real' solution.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Sat Aug 05 2006 - 14:23:18 CDT