Missing listener.ora and tnsnames.ora file

From: <aprinsloo_at_sagetelecom.net>
Date: 4 Aug 2006 12:38:44 -0700

We recently installed Oracle 9i on Redhat and have discovered that there is no listener.ora and tnsnames.ora file in the usual location: /u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/network/admin

The server has been running fine and we have performed imp's and exp's without any issues, clients have also been connecting without issue.

We discovered the files were missing when attempting to run sqlplus on the server, it gave an:
ORA-12514: TNS:listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME........ ,

and upon investigation discovered the missing files.

Anyone seen this before?
Thx Received on Fri Aug 04 2006 - 14:38:44 CDT