Re: Quick sqlplus cr/lf question

From: BD <robert.drea_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Aug 2006 09:30:38 -0700

> If so, try this:
>
> select '*********************' || chr(10) ||,
> 'TRAINING SLICE COUNTS'|| chr(10) ||
> '*********************' || chr(10)
> from dual;

Thanks for that.

The chr(10) is returning a "ORA-00936: missing expression" error - I'll research that. Might be some 'set' command in the session which enables the use of 'chr' values or something, I dunno. I see other scripts in my environment's 'toolkit' (which were made well before my time) that use it, so it must be something I'm doing.

So can someone explain to me why the 'pagesize 0' has the side effect of removing my column header definitions?

I'm much more likely to understand and remember things if they 'make sense'. And at this point, this ain't. ;-) Received on Fri Aug 04 2006 - 11:30:38 CDT