Re: Oracle RAC Stored Procedure scalability

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 14:23:09 GMT

On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 08:10:24 -0400, Serge Rielau wrote:

>> The question implies some holes in basic understanding of RAC
>> architecture. As that is too large a topic to review in a newsgroup,
>> I'd suggest it's time to hit the RAC concepts books (again).
>>

> Actually I don't think the poster is asking a bad question here. > Procedures are in their very nature procedural. That means that by

I think it's a good question.

However, the way it was stated implies the OP was not aware of the need for the node interconnect - or perhaps it implies a comparison to different architecture. Either interpretation seems to have caused some confusion. I simply want to encourage making the fundementals more solid before barking down the RAC path.

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!