data guard question

From: extents <extents_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 Aug 2006 19:38:45 -0700

Hi

Can you help me with this scenario pls.?

Oracle 9.2.0.6 on HPUX

Suppose I have a production database with redo log size of 50MB. Generally we have about 3-4 log switches a day. There are days we have 50-60 log switches a day. Using data guard how do I ensure that the standby database is always not less than 1 hour behind the production? What I mean is on any given day we wont lose more than 1 hours of data.

Thanks Received on Wed Aug 02 2006 - 21:38:45 CDT