Re: RMAN / controlfile / TDPO issue

From: Andreas Piesk <a.piesk_at_gmx.net>
Date: 2 Aug 2006 14:58:58 -0700

Evan wrote:
> Thanks for the hint on CONNTIMEOUT. I think the storage guys know about
> this and have adjusted it. Is it possible that 6000 is not enough?

oh, it's actually COMMTIMEOUT, sorry. i think, 6000 is way too high as 600 is way too low. 1800 seems to be a good starting point. run a backup and monitor the TSM sessions. there's a filed showing the wait time.
maybe as a workaround you could try to create smaller backupsets and thus committing the changes in the TSM database more often (no backupset == file in TSM's POV should take longer than COMMTIMEOUT, otherwise your session will be terminated).

regards,
-ap Received on Wed Aug 02 2006 - 16:58:58 CDT