Re: HELP: Inconsistent results from SQL query run on different servers

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 2 Aug 2006 08:10:45 -0700

Steve Howard wrote:
> > If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
>
> I would suggest running a trace for each session on your Oracle ERP
> database, just to ensure they are in fact looking at the same thing.
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve

I second Steve's suggestion. Verify that no table with the same name somehow got created under two different owners.

Also just because the table rows counts are the same does not mean the data is the same. Based on the where cause condition you need to verify that the data in one database was not somehow updated such that the rows fail to meet the query criteria.

Lastly, which database connection do you think is returning the correct results: the 9.2 client to the 9.2 database or the 9.2 client to the 8.x database?

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Aug 02 2006 - 10:10:45 CDT