Re: How to migrate my oracle database to another server, pls

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 01:16:14 +0200

On 1 Aug 2006 15:18:38 -0700, "Plactoon" <elsersupremo_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>I need to migrate an oracle database to another server, but keeping all
>equal, like a mirror, i have my original db in Solaris server, need to
>change it to windows 2000 server but, like i said, keeping all, table
>spaces, data....
>
>how can i do this?, or where can i find information about it?,
>
>I appreciate ur help,
>
>thx
>
>Plactoon

That would be an inadvisible move.
Windows 2000
a) scales badly
b) has been desupported by Microsoft (no free patches any longer)

Apart from that, the Windows architecture is completely different, so there will be no replica. If you retain the directory names, the file names will be completely different.
You export / import is your friend, and you need to

- create a database on the new server
- export (full export) the old database
- transfer by means of (binary) ftp your export
- import your export in the new database.

But I would reconsider. Your move is not sensible.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA