RAC: crs_start

From: <wagen123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Aug 2006 07:22:47 -0700

Hi,

Oracle10g 10.2.0.2.0 + CPUJul2006 (64 bit) RHEL AS 4.3 (64 bit)
3 node RAC cluster

Question: Using the crs_start command to start/stop services. As per Oracle documentation.....
2) OracleŽ Database Oracle Clusterware and Oracle Real Application Clusters
Administration and Deployment Guide
10g Release 2 (10.2)
Part Number B14197-03
Page 260 says

"Note:
Do not use the Oracle Clusterware commands crs_register, crs_profile, crs_start
or crs_stop on resources with names beginning with the prefix ora unless either
Oracle Support asks you to, or unless Oracle has certified you as described in
http://metalink.oracle.com. Server Control (SRVCTL) is the correct utility to
use on Oracle resources. You can create resources that depend on resources that
Oracle has defined. You can also use the Oracle Clusterware commands to inspect
the configuration and status."

What has been the experience with folks using crs_start/crs_stop? The problem I have is that the service name and the database name is the SAME and I am unable to stop/start the service using srvctl.

$ srvctl start service -d RAC

Service name cannot be same as the database default service name RAC
$ srvctl start service -d RAC -s "RAC" -i RAC1
PRKO-2120 : The internal database service RAC cannot be managed with srvctl.
$ srvctl start service -d RAC -s "RAC"

PRKO-2120 : The internal database service RAC cannot be managed with srvctl.

Unfortunately I can't use another service name at this point.

Thanks for any help.
wagen Received on Tue Aug 01 2006 - 09:22:47 CDT