Re: AIX vs Solaris

From: Zhu Chao <zhuchao_at_gmail.com>
Date: 31 Jul 2006 11:32:51 -0700

Hi, Sybrand,

     I don't like to comment much on others technical skills, but I bet you have limited experience running big oracle on aix. Actually the default oracle installation on solaris need little to tune from OS point of view, but much to tune for AIX, without the changes oracle won't perform at all on aix.

    For the other points, I think other guys has commented pretty much detail.

    Each os has its goodness and badness. Solaris is good, Sun hardware, not good, that's true.