Re: ORA-1654 , Oracle asking for very large extent

From: Zhu Chao <zhuchao_at_gmail.com>
Date: 31 Jul 2006 11:17:18 -0700

by 8192 is 8k block. Assume your blocksize is 8k, it is trying to allcoate a 64M extent;

So, run this;

select count(*) from dba_free_space where tbalespace_name='L1 or I1?'; and you know why it fails;

reaching max extent will give another different error message; and max-extent sill apply in lmt tablespace.