Re: Separating Tables and Indexes

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:57:57 +0200

artmt_at_hotmail.com schreef:
> With a RAID5 disk system is there any advantage to separating tables
> and indexes into separate tablespaces?
>
> Thanks
> Art

Not with any disk sub-system there is.

Only maintenance for purposes (one is supposed to be able to rebuild indexes, so the need for backup up those index-only tablespaces is less eminent) it may be, but I find it harder to maintain.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...