Re: Query takes 1min 15 secs and tables are indexed !

From: Big Charles <cherediatech_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 31 Jul 2006 10:39:32 -0700

Thanks !

I did:

exec dbms_stats.gather_database_stats(CASCADE=>TRUE);

and the query speed improve a lot! Now it takes no more than 3 seconds.

I'm wondering:

Brian, I tried to do:
ANALYZE TABLE pardon LIST CHAINED ROWS;
but my user has not proper privileges. I will talk with the DBA later.

> SELECT chain_cnt FROM user_tables WHERE table_name='PARDON';
>
> If the number returned is sufficiently large, then you have chained or
> migrated rows which need fixing.

What would be considered a number sufficiently large? Received on Mon Jul 31 2006 - 12:39:32 CDT