ORA-1654 , Oracle asking for very large extent

From: <sethwai_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 31 Jul 2006 07:56:22 -0700

Hi,

I received the following message :

ORA-1654: unable to extend index LAWSON.GLTSET3 by 8192 in tablespace

      I1

The tablespace is set to EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL AUTOALLOCATE.

Is there a way I can effect the extent size that oracle is asking for?

My tablespace has 7GB of free space but none of the free extents is large enough.

Any suggestions on the best way to handle this?

Lew Received on Mon Jul 31 2006 - 09:56:22 CDT