Re: How to distinguish b/w normal trace file and different Sessions enabled SQL trace files?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 22:28:41 +0800

Ghalib wrote:

> Is there any way to differentiate between normal trace files and
> different Session's SQL enabled trace files which generate in udump
> folder on Operating System?
> I want to have a script which distinguishes between different
> Session's SQL enable trace files and normal trace files.
> So we can know that these files are generated due to enabling sql trace
> utility.
>
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> ASAD
tracefile_identifier as others have posted, or you could make a reasonable assumption like:

grep -l ^PARSING *.trc

to list those trace files that are sql trace related

hth
Connor

--
Connor McDonald
Co-author: "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions"

web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
web: http://www.oaktable.net
email: connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat."