Re: SP2-0171: HELP not accessible.

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 22:40:54 +0200

On 30 Jul 2006 10:43:24 -0700, "Sameer" <dolpheen_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>I have installed Oracle 8i on my Windows 2000/X86 machine.
>I have choosed the Custom installation and I remember that I have
>chosen every option related to help.
>I have installed documentation on my hard-disk and I can access that.
>But still I am getiing the error messages
>SP2-0171: HELP not accessible.
>on the sql> prompt.
>How this make it accessible?
>Any idea?
>-Sameer

Sure,
you would do that by
- looking up the error message the documentation at http://tahiti.oracle.com (as opposed to wasting our time, posting yet another RTFM question)
- as pointed out by the documentation run the helpins procedure in the %ORACLE_HOME%\sqlplus\admin directory.

Note: there is help for *SQLPLUS* only, no help on *SQL*. For help on sql query the sql reference manual at http://tahiti.oracle.com

Could you please explain why you don't want to use the documentation and misuse this forum as a remedy for your laziness?

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA