Re: Question about DataGuard

From: wannabe DBA <nasser.ali_at_gmail.com>
Date: 30 Jul 2006 11:50:23 -0700

Try the following:

On the primary database you need to make it either Maximum protection mode or Maximum Available mode.

Use the command:

alter database maximise protection
{availability|Performance|Protection}

Secondly on your log_archive_dest_n='SERVICE=INSTANCE_NAME'

change it so that it definitley uses LGWR

eg

log_archive_dest_n='SERVICE=INSTANCE_NAME LGWR

You can that parameter in the pfile (init.ora for your database)

or if u use spfile

alter system set log_archive_dest_n=as above

That should make the lgwr process send the transactions as they happen on the online redo logs...

test it out first!