Re: use temporary tablespace details

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 28 Jul 2006 14:33:43 -0700

aman.oracle.dba wrote:
> Actually my database temporary tablespace is increasing very fast day
> by day. I just want to know why and how.... means I thought space is
> deallocated when sorting is over when
> sorting is in auto mode and I have configured
> PGA_AGGERATE_TARGET.............
> or I have to deallocate the space. If yes then how.........

It is only deallocated if you are using a permanent tablespace for your temporary segments. If you are using a temporary tablespace, SMON cleans it up at the next startup (although I've seen some versions not totally clean then, either). See metalink Note:1039341.6 for more details.

Please don't top-post.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.