Re: use temporary tablespace details

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:14:35 +0200

On 28 Jul 2006 02:16:12 -0700, "aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle.dba_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>I want to know where else temporary tablespace is used excluding
>sorting.
>Please tell me if document on net which tells everything which uses
>temporary tablespace and why.(example : EXP)

Temporary tablespace is used for sorting (which includes ORDER BY, GROUP BY and SET operations (UNION, INTERSECT, DISTINCT) and for temporary tables. For nothing else.

EXP fires selects to determine which tables to export. These select may include ORDER BY etc.

Consequently, in your erroneous line of thinking: ANY executable may use temporary tablespace.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA