Re: Is PUBLIC permission on system objects necessary for Oracle to run

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 27 Jul 2006 17:22:18 -0700

byrocat wrote:
> Mark D Powell wrote:
> > Oracle support has issued papers on this subject. I found a reference
> > to one that you may want to check if you have metalink access:
> >
> > Be Cautious When Revoking Privileges Granted to PUBLIC 247093.1
> >

> Mark, I don't have access to Metalink directly.
>
> Is it possible that you could extract the article and send it to me?
>
> If that's not possible, can I assume that 277093.1 will get me to the
> article?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bruce

Bruce, you can enter the document number on the advanced search sceen and get it that way or if the search fails try the title.

I believe that our support contract may forbid wholesale distribution of the paper but I will try to check tomorrow when I am at work and see if I can write a summary or something.