Re: Username of a user connecting to a database via an application server

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 27 Jul 2006 17:08:38 -0700

picksdba wrote:
> We have a J2EE application and we use Orion application server to
> connect to the database. All these connections to the database are made
> as a single user. Now it becomes difficult to find out what is the SID
> of a particular user because everyone connects as the same user.
> It becomes difficult to identify which user is doing what.
>
> Is there a way to overcome this.
>
> Thanks.

See the dbs_application_info package. It is designed to allow the front-end program to post information on itself to the v$session dynamic performance view. It is often used to identify the real end user and application module being executed.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Jul 27 2006 - 19:08:38 CDT