ora 9.i asp.net cannot connect

From: Berimu <Ivo.mulders_at_wxs.nl>
Date: 27 Jul 2006 15:01:25 -0700

Hey experts,

I have ASP.NET 1.1 , IIS and oracle client 9.1 installed on 4 servers (all w2k3). On all servers we have an website that connects to 4 different databases (all on AIX). The 4 servers are test1, development, production, test2
I use a config file with the databasenames, userid and Password to connect to 4 different databases. The rest is identical. BUT. When I use "test1" and "dev" it works fine on any of the servers. When I use "test2" it doesn't work on any of the servers. I was able to get "Production" running after a lot of uninstalling installing, rebooting, changing security on the ora\bin directory. Suddenly it worked on one server but not on any other. Sometimes it says cannot find protocol and sometimes it states that the datbase cannot be found. Using TNSPING or SQLPLUS I can allways connect to all databases on all servers.
Does anybody know where I should be looking to correct this unpredictable situation? I'm at a complete loss here.

Ivo Received on Thu Jul 27 2006 - 17:01:25 CDT