Re: How to check Oracle JDBC Driver (classes12.zip) verion

From: <joeNOSPAM_at_BEA.com>
Date: 27 Jul 2006 12:32:11 -0700

lovingmononoke_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> But your code is to check the driver version on an oracle database
> server.

No it's not. That call is satisfied locally in the driver itself.

> I wanted to know the version of classez12.zip that my customers are
> using when they deploy my appserver. My application server loads
> classes12.zip in which my customers may get from somewhere. I wanted
> to know the JDBC version of classes12.zip that they are having.

Yep, understood. That code does it.

> In another words, WebLogic has ojdbc14.jar in its lib directory. Can I
> know the specific JDBC driver version of this ojdbc14.jar? The
> Manifest file only shows the supported oracle server version. I want
> to be able to get JDBC Driver Architecture version like that I can get
> from DB2JCC. Do you know how? Thanks!
>
> C:\>java -classpath C:\MyApp\common\lib\jdbc\db2jcc.jar
> com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Jcc -version
> IBM DB2 JDBC Universal Driver Architecture 2.8.46

The code will work for any JDBC driver, from anywhere. In fact if you connect from an external client to WebLogic and get a connection from any pool, and make those calls, you will get the version of the driver that WebLogic loaded for that pool.

Joe Weinstein at BEA Systems